Free crochet pattern submission guidelines
- Submit a previously unpublished free crochet pattern for consideration. Patterns should follow the Knot By Gran’ma pattern format (download this pattern to see an example), have a great photo (or photos), include your name, email, address, phone number, website, social media account(s), and a brief designer bio (under 300 words). Patterns and photos are to be emailed to Knot By Gran’ma as attachments, with the rest of your information in the body of the email addressed to knotbygranma(at)gmail(dot)com with GUEST DESIGNER CROCHET PATTERN SUBMISSION as the subject.
- You will be notified if your pattern is rejected or accepted. If the pattern is accepted, it will be completed here, any suggested edits will be emailed to you for approval before the crochet pattern is written up as a PDF, and the design will be photographed before being listed on the Knot By Gran’ma site under the Crochet Patterns page. It will be under the Guest Designers section.
- What you can expect from having a free crochet pattern accepted for the Knot By Gran’ma website:
- You will be given full credit as the designer. This is your design. Your name and website will be on the final PDF of your crochet pattern and on the website.
- Your pattern will be written up as a PDF, ready to be downloaded. You will receive a copy of the crochet pattern PDF. You can do whatever you want with your pattern. Knot By Gran’ma holds no rights over your design. You are welcome to use the PDF provided as your own for your own uses… commercial or personal.
- The crochet pattern will be added to the marketing efforts of Knot By Gran’ma. You will always be named as the designer. By submitting your design you are giving Knot By Gran’ma permission to promote your design.
- Your crochet pattern will remain on the Knot By Gran’ma website as a free crochet pattern. Knot By Gran’ma reserves the right to remove a pattern or designer off of the website for any reason. You will be notified if this happens. If for any reason you want your pattern taken off of Knot By Gran’ma, a written request is needed. Your pattern will be taken off of the site within 2 weeks of receiving your letter. Letters can be emailed to Knot By Gran’ma.
The best way to get your designs accepted is to follow the instructions and have great crochet patterns with at least one great photograph of the piece.
In the near future, Knot By Gran’ma will start accepting these items for fair compensation:
- Paid crochet patterns
Other fiber/crochet themed art submission
- 2-D artwork
- Short Stories (1500 words or less)
- Op-Ed pieces