Uteri are all the rage these days… it seems as if everyone is talking about what to do with them, who can decide what to do with them, and who gets a choice on how they affect everyday life. Join the conversation, and make one of these awesome Uterus Dolls… with or without the monster eyeball.
This crochet pattern is part of the KBG effort to help others. You can make a plain old uterus or one with an angry monster eye. It’s up to you! The crochet pattern supports women’s health and the idea that ALL WOMEN should have access to healthcare that is safe and affordable. Each time this crochet pattern sells, $1 of the purchase price will be donated to Planned Parenthood. If you would prefer to donate to PP yourself, you can send me receipt of the donation and I’ll send the pattern to you.
Skill Level: Adventurous beginner through advanced stitcher
- Size D/3 (3.25 mm) crochet hook
- Size 7 (1.5 mm) steel crochet hook (optional)
- Worsted weight yarn – 60 yards (65 yards if doubling with thread)
- Size 10 crochet thread (optional) – iris color (20 yards each), white (20 yards)
- 9 mm or 12 mm safety eye (optional)
- Yarn needle & large eyed sewing needle
What if I can’t crochet? I want to help. We have 2 options.
- Donate to Planned Parenthood.
- EMAIL ME a uterus order. You can choose from red or pink. They cost $27 each. You can get one with an eyeball or plain. Just let me know. Here’s a breakdown of what goes into the $27 cost:
- $20 goes to my time (at $10 an hour… minimum wage in my part of NY right now)
- $3 goes to supplies
- $3 goes to shipping and fees
- $1 goes to Planned Parenthood.
Knot By Gran’ma has no affiliation with Planned Parenthood.