Sorry about being a day late this week. My pug had surgery, and I had to take care of picking him up yesterday. I decided to keep these feet more on the simple side. I was thinking about adding a little applique to Knotty Knucklehead’s body later, but I have a feeling I’m going to have to see him/her stuffed before I can make that call. These feet work up really quick. I was a little nervous, because I was playing yarn roulette (when you’re not sure if you have enough yarn or not) with that second foot. I made it though! Woot!
If you’re just tuning in, don’t fret. Start from the beginning. This is an ongoing crochet-a-long. Click here to go to the beginning of the Knotty Knucklehead Crochet-As-I-Design-Along.
We are continuing using your second color for today’s work this week.
Some notes: DO NOT ch 1 or tn or sl st unless the pattern tells you to. Crochet stitch abbreviations can be found at the end of the post.
Special stitch – Decreased single crochet (d.sc): Insert hook into 1st st, yo, pull loop through st, insert hook into next st, yo, pull loop through st, yo, pull through all loops on the hook.
Feet and Legs (make 2)
- Working in the round… ch 4, sl st 1st st to form a loop
- Round 1: 8 sc into the loop – 8 sc
- Round 2: 2 sc each st around – 16 sc
- Round 3: 2 sc each st around – 32 sc
- Round 4: sc each st around – 32 sc
- Round 5: ([BL] d.sc next 2 sts tog.) (picture), repeat 15 times – 16 sc
- Round 6: (both loops & mark 1st st) sc each st around – 16 sc
- Rounds 7-12: repeat last round (6 times) – 16 sc
- Round 13: 2 sc each st around – 32 sc
- Round 14: [3 sc next st, sc next st, (2 sc next st, sc next st), repeat 6 times], repeat – 50 sc
- Round 15: (mark 1st st & DO NOT remove the marker once you F.O.) sc each st around – 50 sc
Thank you for crocheting along with me this week. Next week we’ll be attaching the feet and hands and stuffing the body. I’m excited to see Knotty Knucklehead come together. We’re in the home stretch… maybe 2-3 more weeks before we finish up! If you have any questions, please leave me a comment below. I’ll be sure to answer you as soon as I can.
When you’re done, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) a picture of this week’s work. Please make sure it includes (any part of) your name. You can also include your business name (if you have one) with a link too. I’ll be using them to post on my various social media sites with the pictures (and your name & business with links if included) of your progress. See you next week!
- ch – chain
- sl st – slip stitch
- sc – single crochet
- tn – turn
- st(s) – stitch(s)
- d.sc – decreased single crochet
- [BL] – back loop
- [FL] – front loop