Welcome to the very first Hooked Link Up. In the spirit of building community, I love sharing each other’s work around the web. This is a great way to get a little exposure to your crochet work, while seeing what other crocheters are up to. The link up runs for 5 days (through Friday), so please stop back later in the week to share and see what has been shared.
I’m going to start with my new eyeball amigurumi.
This is the October free pattern for my newsletter subscribers only. It will be going out on October 7, 2014. Feel free to sign up for the newsletter here. You get a monthly free pattern, a monthly monster drawing download, and some business tidbits I have picked up over the years. Edit: There are now new eyeball kits available in the shop. Click here.
It’s a quick pattern that works up really easily. I designed it while sitting in a waiting room. We were sooooooo bored. Kiddo thoroughly approved of the whole eyeball thing. It must be a boy thing. These make great ornaments, catnip toys, keychains, or just to have a stuffed eyeball laying around the house.
So that’s my share for this week. I hope you’re diggin’ it. Now let’s see what you’ve been up to with the blog link up. Please read the rules first, so we all have a wonderful blog link up experience.
- Link up blog posts of finished crochet pieces & patterns only. They can be for sale, free, or just to show off your work.
- After posting your blog link on the link up, please visit 3 of your favorite links, leave a comment, and share each on social media.
- Once you have commented on and shared your links on social media, please leave a comment on the link up main blog page stating which links you shared and where.
- Drop and run links will be deleted, along with non-crochet links.
- By linking up your blog posts, you are granting permission to have your posts shared on social media (including Pinterest… there will be a link up board) and possibly on next week’s link up post.
- If you link up early in the week, you may need to come back to comment on and share your 3 favorite blog links.
- A link up button will be provided, that you are welcome to use in your blog posts. It will link back to the blog link up.
- No licensed stuff (e.g. Disney, sports teams, etc…)
Each week, I will pick my favorite blog link. I will post that to the following week’s link up along with the 2 most popular blog links. I’ll figure that out by the 2 top shared links in the comments that you all leave.
Here’s a photo for you to add to your site. Please download it and post to your blog, or use the html that I’ve provided. You can change the size (up to 2000) by putting in the size you are looking for.